Shannon's Travel Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

This beautiful girl is my Iuliana. My angel, my sweetheart, my princess. I got closer to her than any other child in Romania and I would have adopted her in a heartbeat. She has cerebral palsy and autism and is a very difficult child, but when you take the time to get to know her, you come to realize that she possesses the most precious of souls. She really loves sound and music and it is such a gift when you make her happy. She isn't happy often because the workers neglect and abuse her, but when you are able to understand her, and make her happy, well... there are few things in the world as beautiful as that. She has so much love to give, and so much she can teach you about love and sacrifice. I seriously would go to the ends of the earth to protect this girl, as I would with any of my children, but especially her. I can honestly tell you that getting a child that has been hurt so badly, that has so many tears and so much pain, that is practically incapable of trusting anyone or anything, getting a child like that to trust you is a remarkable experience. One that will change you forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home