Shannon's Travel Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

This is Andre. Isn't he cute! Seriously, this kid stole my heart. It was hard for me to leave him. I spent every day with him the hospital and he was always so glad to see me. If I could have taken home one kid from the hospital, he would have been the one. I just loved this kid so much and I really knew that he needed me. There is something very special about spending a lot of time holding a young baby that is completely dependent on you for food, warmth, love. The children in that hospital are so pure, so precious. Even with the hopelessness and pain that you experience with them, there is a healing power that comes from letting your heart be touched by these little spirits. Serving them truly changes you in ways that are near impossible here in the states. When you leave Romania, you will carry with you a capacity to love that you never thought possible before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home