Shannon's Travel Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2012

So Long! Farewell! Auf Wiedersehen! Adieu!

Well the time has come and the time is now! I am FINALLY leaving for Africa! It's been a long time coming but I am currently in JFK waiting to take off for Cameroon. Of course I'm super excited, super nervous, and mostly pretty tired ;) This blog will now be the place for ya'll to witness my trials and triumphs in the Peace Corps so if you're ever looking for a bit of exoticism in your life (the g-rated kind, mind you!) pull up this page and read about the crazy country of Cameroon.

Fun fact to start off with, Cameroon is home to the largest frog in the world (almost a foot long), and it has a waterfall that flows directly into the ocean! ALSO, it is home to the rarest (not sure that's a word?) gorilla in the world! I'll try and get a picture of all three.

Anyway, I love you all and I thank you SOOOOOOO much for your support. Heaven knows I wouldn't be here without you all. PLEASE keep in touch and send me emails about your life. I will miss you all and promise to keep you as updated as technological access will allow. Keep my in your prayers and thoughts and wait to hear from me again. MUAH! Shannon

1 Comments:

  • At 4:46 PM , Blogger Janna said...

    Hey Shannon!

    Wishing you all the best on this your next adventure! Thanks for your blog link, as I'm looking forward to reading about your life and experiences!

    FYI, I was just at JFK the day before you were :) Spent a little time in Victor (my former home is back on the market!) and nearly two weeks up at my mom's cottage on Lake Ontario. Thought about when you and Stef went to Toronto following high school graduation... and the car broke down on the bridge into Canada. And you two weren't exactly sure what country you were in! LOL! Wow... you both have come so incredibly far since then! Much congrats!! You both are so awesome!!

    Love, Janna ox

    PS Stef and Florian are thinking about returning to NY for a visit around the 4th of July next year!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home